Fri, Nov 22|
Taller (Clases) Pintura Condesa
[CDMX, Mexico] Alla Prima Portrait Painting
Unique and exclusive event!
Time & Location
Nov 22, 2024, 10:00 AM CST – Nov 24, 2024, 4:00 PM CST
Taller (Clases) Pintura Condesa , Cuernavaca 71, Colonia Condesa, Cuauhtémoc, 06140 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
About The Event
WORKSHOP OVERVIEW: Alla-Prima Portrait Painting
Embark on a transformative artistic journey with renowned artist Zin Lim as he unveils the secrets of his distinctive portrait painting style—one that seamlessly merges the tactile and the spiritual. This immersive and enjoyable class is thoughtfully crafted to cater to artists of all experience levels. Throughout the course, participants will engage in a series of dynamic, hands-on activities alongside the instructor and fellow students, resulting in the creation of multiple captivating paintings.
By the course's conclusion, students will not only master the art of crafting beautiful portrait paintings with dynamic textures but also discover the joy of expressing themselves through the enchanting realm of oil painting. This class promises to empower each participant to develop their own unique artistic voice, making the learning experience as individual as the art they create.
For All Skill Levels:
- Designed for artists or students with any level of experience in portrait drawing or painting.
- Conducted in English.
- Led by instructor Zin Lim, the workshop includes lectures, presentations, demonstrations, and critiques.
Key Workshop Elements:
- Participants can ask questions and gain insights into materials, techniques, composition, and aesthetics during Zin's demonstrations.
- Covers essential themes and techniques, such as materials, composition, visual elements, expressionist mindset, creating strokes and textures, designing portrait art, basic composition principles, and color schemes.
- Engage in hands-on exercises, creating multiple portraits from live models or providing reference photos.
- Participants may bring their own reference photos.
- Zin provides timely feedback, and individual demonstrations, and addresses questions while participants work on individual projects.
- Gain insights into expressionist techniques in oil painting.
- Learn basic proportions for painting the human head.
- Receive step-by-step guidance for efficient portrait construction.
- Get advice on ongoing skill improvement after the workshop.
For Advanced/Intermediate Artists:
- Broaden perspective in portrait art.
- Explore a stylistic shift from realism to expressionism or impressionism.
- Understand the keys to unique artwork stylization.
- Learn effective initiation and conclusion of artworks.
- Email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oil Paint: Titanium white, Cad. yellow, Cad. red, Alizarin crimson, Ultramarine blue. (Optional: Burnt/law umber, Ivory black, Pthalo green, or any color you like to include)
- Medium: Odorless mineral spirit + Oil (Pure/waterly textured linseed, sunflower)
- Brush: Various sizes of long hair flat. (Zin will use low-price/synthetic flat brushes.)
- Canvas: Boards, Paper pad, or Stretched canvas (for portrait, 12"x16"-16"x20", white gessoed, smooth surface)
- Palette: Palette Pad or any wooden/plastic/glass palette
- Palette knife (Sharp)
- Paper towel or rag: To wipe out the oil from the brush and palette knife. (Zin use cut drop cloth)
*For our healthy study experience, please don't use fast-drying mediums, or smelly or toxic mediums, such as Liquin, Galkid, etc. But use an odorless/no-smelly medium only.
'The Clases Pintura Condes' host this workshop. For more information and sign-up, please contact by sites below.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clasespinturacondesa
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +525540922975
- Address: Cuernavaca 71, Colonia Condesa, Cuauhtémoc, 06140 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico