Sat, Nov 11|
Location is TBD
[Dubai, UAE] Expressive Portrait Painting with Zin Lim
Join the exclusive, intense art course!
Time & Location
Nov 11, 10:00 AM GMT+4 – Nov 12, 5:00 PM GMT+4
Location is TBD
About The Event
Beginners to Advanced, any experienced-level of artists is welcome. (From our previous experiences in many other cities) We know that this workshop will renovate your experience level, and make a turning point for your future studies direction and your unique stylization for art. We hope you don’t miss the exclusive experiences!!!
[EXPRESSIVE PORTRAIT PAINTING WORKSHOP]
This workshop will cover the following themes and activities.
* Understanding visual elements and their efficient usage in order to create specific moods and messages.
* How to build a portrait painting structure with interesting brush strokes.
* Case studies: Value/Color Scheme, Value/Color Pattern Design, and Basic Composition.
* Creating your unique portrait from reference photos provided or your own.
Based on the above themes, each artist will have their own (adjusted) activities by experience level.
If you have further questions about the workshop, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(To know more about the portrait work, visit our page at the instructor's Instagram.
- November 11th - 12th, 2023
- To be announced.
* When the venue is booked, you will receive a notification by email that you will enter at check-out.
Oil Paint (Any brand).
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Ultramarine Blue
- Pthalo Green (or Viridian)
- Burnt Umber (or Raw umber)
- Ivory black
- or your own palette.
Canvas: Boards, Paper pad, or Stretched canvas (for portrait, 9"x12"-16"x20", white gessoed, smooth surface).
Brushes: Various size of flat, sable, or round (either natural or synthetic hair of any brand is fine but must have good shape of hair). Zin mostly uses low price/synthetic flat brushes.
Palette Knife: Sharp.
Palette: Palette Pad or any wooden/plastic/glass palette.
Medium: Pure, Odorless 'Linseed', 'Sunflower' or 'safflower' oil in a jar. Odorless mineral spirit or Terpenoid. Zin will use Sunflower oil + Gamsol (An odorless mineral spirit) at the workshop.
Paper towel or rag: To wipe the oil from the brush. (Zin use cut drop cloth)
Plastic bag: To put oiled paper in.
Large paper or plastic sheet: To prevent paint drops on the table or floor.
Easel (optional): Portable. Wooden French easel or Light aluminum frame, Stand, or table-top easel. No easel? No problem. Just put a canvas on the table.
Reference Picture: For some workshops, we provide reference photos via Photo Page at our site. You can choose as many as you like, bring the printed ones or a tablet or cell phone to work from. If you have your own photos you like to work from, you can bring them, too.
*For everyone's healthy creation experience, please don't use fast-drying medium, smelly or toxic mediums, such as Liquin, Galkid, or old terpenoid, etc. But use an odorless/no-smelly medium only.
- 600USD (Full time with Spot Priority, VAT, tax, and fee included)
- PayPal (credit card payment is also available via PayPal)
- 100% Full amount is refundable for your cancellation by 2 weeks before the 1st day of the event.
- 90% is refundable for your cancellation by 1 week before the 1st day of the event.
- 50% refundable within 1 week before the event starts.
- In case of cancellation of the event by the host, 100% will be refunded regardless of the time of cancellation.
- You can hand over this ticket to others for the full or any part of the event days. (Your friend must present your event ticket in print or digital)
- The workshop hours can be adjusted by the building hours of the local venue. you will receive the notification by email you enter.
Welcome any questions to email@example.com
We are looking forward to meeting you soon!!!
In case for cancellation of this ticket due to full timer need additional spot, we will refund 100% any time of cancellation.
Dubai (3/3 & 4)