UPCOMING CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
This workshop will introduce 2 different ways of figure drawing approaches (optic/haptic) and combining them in a composition. You will study techniques for expressive figure and exercises efficient use of visual elements to broaden your choice for figure drawing style. Class structure is consist of lecture, demonstrations, exercises, group/individual critiques and timely feedbacks.
WHO WILL 'TAKE' THIS WORKSHOP
1. Artists who have studied realism drawing for a while, now looking for something loose and spontaneous approach in drawing.
2. Artist who wants to improve painting skill through fundamental of visual elements and techniques from fluid charcoal technique.
3. Beginning artist who wants to improve 2 approaches, tight & loose same time.
4. Artist who have been working in loose style of drawing and want to complete compatible body of portfolio.
WHO WILL 'NOT TAKE' THIS WORKSHOP NOW
Artist who are currently focus on realistic rendering as a major goal.
Artist who want to study drawing based on anatomy and measuring.
THEMES TO BE COVERED
1. Line Characteristics: How to create and use interesting lines and strokes.
2. Yin/Yan and Edge Control.
3. 3-D Form and Planes.
4. Arial Perspective: How to create spatial depth.
5. Composition for Portrait: How to create best work with your current skill set.
AFTER ATTENDING THIS WORKSHOP, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO-
- organize your work progress by stages.
- clearly express what you think and feel through your drawing.
- create illusion for live-like figure.
- know how to self-critique of your work, find solution and improve your work quality.