Sat, Jun 08|
[Dubai, UAE. 2024] Alla Prima Portrait Painting
*For any experienced-level artists who have been drawing or painting portraits in any medium. *Workshop runs in English.
Time & Location
Jun 08, 2024, 10:00 AM GMT+4 – Jun 09, 2024, 4:00 PM GMT+4
Art corner, Al Waha St - Al Quoz - Al Quoz 4 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
About The Event
[Alla-Prima Portrait Painting]
For All Skill Levels:
- Designed for artists or students with any level of experience in portrait drawing or painting.
- Conducted in English.
- Led by instructor Zin Lim, the workshop includes lectures, presentations, demonstrations, and critiques.
Key Workshop Elements:
- Participants can ask questions and gain insights into materials, techniques, composition, and aesthetics during Zin's demonstrations.
- Covers essential themes and techniques, such as materials, composition, visual elements, expressionist mindset, creating strokes and textures, designing portrait art, basic composition principles, and color schemes.
- Engage in hands-on exercises, creating multiple portraits from live models or providing reference photos.
- Participants may bring their own reference photos.
- Zin provides timely feedback, and individual demonstrations, and addresses questions while participants work on individual projects.
- Gain insights into expressionist techniques in oil painting.
- Learn basic proportions for painting the human head.
- Receive step-by-step guidance for efficient portrait construction.
- Get advice on ongoing skill improvement after the workshop.
For Advanced/Intermediate Artists:
- Broaden perspective in portrait art.
- Explore a stylistic shift from realism to expressionism or impressionism.
- Understand the keys to unique artwork stylization.
- Learn effective initiation and conclusion of artworks.
- Email inquiries to email@example.com.
- Oil Paint: Titanium white, Cad. yellow, Cad. red, Alizarin crimson, Ultramarine blue. (Optional: Burnt/law umber, Ivory black, Pthalo green, or any color you like to include)
- Medium: Odorless mineral spirit + Oil (Pure/waterly textured linseed, sunflower)
- Brush: Various sizes of long hair flat. (Zin will use low-price/synthetic flat brushes.)
- Canvas: Boards, Paper pad, or Stretched canvas (for portrait, 12"x16"-16"x20", white gessoed, smooth surface)
- Palette: Palette Pad or any wooden/plastic/glass palette
- Palette knife (Sharp)
- Paper towel or rag: To wipe out the oil from the brush and palette knife. (Zin use cut drop cloth)
This workshop will be hosted by Art Corner Dubai