Sat, Feb 29|
Spacebase Campus - Workshop Space
Reserve now for your spot at Zin Lim's intensive 2-days of 'expressive drawing workshops'!
Time & Location
Feb 29, 2020, 12:00 PM – Mar 01, 2020, 5:00 PM
Spacebase Campus - Workshop Space , Muskauer Str. 24, 10997 Berlin, Germany
About The Event
- Portrait Drawing Impress: Feb. 29, 2020. 12-5pm. Learn about Materials, Core Visual Elements and ways to apply them.
- Portrait Drawing Express: Mar. 1, 2020. 12-5pm. How to Express and Stylize on your unique portrait artworks.
[LOCATION]: Spacebase Campus - Workshop Space (Front)
- Muskauer Straße 24, Berlin, Deutschland
* When date/time or location is confirmed or changed, you will receive the notification email.
[MATERIALS to bring]
TABLET, LAPTOP or PHONE to access to references you will work from.
Or any pad from below.
- Strathmore drawing pad, 300 series, medium tooth. 18"x24"
* If you can't find Strathmore brand in your area, Blick 80lb, Utrecht or any local brands of drawing pads have medium tooth of surface are fine.
* No 'New Sprint', 'Bristol' or 'smooth' surface, They don't work well with willow charcoal.
HB CHARCOAL PENCIL: 'General' brand (Test several HB pencils (General brand) and choose the hardest/lightest/driest one. If you can find, 2H is fine, too.)
WILLOW CHARCOAL STICKS (General, Cortes, Winsor Newton or any local brand)
OPTIONAL ITEMS - Portable easel :Stand, table-top or no easel is fine. - Drawing board: any of wooden, plastic or thick paper board for backing drawing pad. - (Workable) Fixative: For in case you make works you like to carry home. - Pencil Extender - Blending Stumps - Sandpaper Block or any smooth Sandpaper
* Compare material prices at Amazon's. * Can't have the listed material in your town? No problem. Just bring anything you like.
Lists of material is also at Q&A page.
[About EXPRESSIVE PORTRAIT WORKSHOP]
*For any experienced-level of artists who have been drawing or painting in any medium.
*Workshop runs in English.
*Zin teach alone and Space is limited to 12 artist-students.
This workshop's consist of instructor's lecture/presentation/demo, student's multiple exercises and group/individual critiques. Instructor, Zin Lim will introduce the both approaches in 'impressioninsm' and 'expressionism' for portrait by 2 main demos as well as by quick individual demos. During instructor's demo and lecture, you can ask any questions you had or will have about material, technique, composition and aesthetics to understand everything about the unique direction and art creation general. Zin will answer for all of student’s questions. The lectures and demos will cover the next themes and techniques.
- Understanding materials and medium.
- Understanding visual elements.
- Mindset to be an expressionist.
- How to avoid just rendering but move onto expressing.
- How to create interesting strokes, textures and pattern.
- How to design solid and interesting portrait art.
- Basic Composition for successful portrait art.
- Color scheme. (painting workshop only)
You will exercise and experiment on creating multiple portraits form reference photos provided.You will create portraits from choice of photo references (you will receive an email with link to images before workshop. You can also bring your own photos you like to work from)During you are creating your own drawing, Zin will provide timely feedbacks, mini demos and answer for questions.For last one hour of workshop, Zin critique on students’ works. Mostly group critique. Sometimes 1 on 1 depending on the progress of workshop activity.Beginning artists will be able to learn-
- Various application techniques in charcoal drawing and oil painting,
- Basic proportion for drawing/painting human head,
- Step by step work order for efficient construction of portrait art,
- How to continue fun study and improve skills after workshop.
Advanced/Intermediate artists will be able to-
- Broaden your perspective in portrait art,
- Style-shift from realism to expressionism or impressionism,
- Know keys for unique stylization of artwork.
- Know how to 'good' start and finish an artwork.
If you have further questions about workshop, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [Portrait Drawing Impress]: 290USD (VAT, tax and fee included)
- [Portrait Drawing Express]: 290USD (VAT, tax and fee included)
- FULL TIME [Portrait Draiwng Impress + Express]: 540USD (VAT, tax and fee included)
*Zin Studio's 2020 workshop fee rates are same worldwide.
- PayPal (Credit card available)
- 100% refund for your cancellation by 7 days before the event date or cancellation made by Zin Studio.
- No refund for your cancellation within 7 days before the the event date.
- You can hand over this ticket to other artist. (Your friend must present your event ticket at the workshop)
We are looking forward to meeting you in workshop soon!!!