Sat, May 04|
The Green Room
Boston, MA, USA
Drawing direction you haven't had from any class before!!!
Time & Location
May 04, 2019, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Green Room, 62 Bow St, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
About The Event
[EXPRESSIVE PORTRAIT WORKSHOP]
This workshop is for any experienced-level of artists who have been drawing or painting in any medium.
This workshop's consist of instructor's lecture/presentation/demo, student's multiple exercises and group/individual critiques. Instructor, Zin Lim will introduce 'expressionism' approach in portrait with main demo and quick individual demos.
During instructor's demo and lecture, you can ask any questions you had or will have about material, technique, composition and aesthetics to understand everything about the unique direction and art creation general. Zin will answer for all of student’s questions.
The lectures and demos will cover the next themes and techniques.
- Understanding materials and medium.
- Understanding visual elements.
- Mindset to be an expressionist.
- How to avoid just rendering but move onto expressing.
- How to create interesting strokes, textures and pattern.
- How to design solid and interesting portrait art.
- Basic Composition for successful portrait art.
- Color scheme. (painting workshop only)
(Lunch break: 1-2pm)
You will exercise and experiment on creating multiple portraits form reference photos provided.
You will create portraits from choice of photo references (you will receive an email with link to images before workshop. You can also bring your own photos you like to work from)
During you are creating your own drawing, Zin will provide timely feedbacks, mini demos and answer for questions.
For last one hour of workshop, Zin critique on students’ works. Mostly group critique. Sometimes 1 on 1 critiques depending on the progress of workshop activity.
Advanced/Intermediate artists will be able to-
- Broaden your perspective in portrait art,
- Style-shift from realism to expressionism or impressionism,
- Know keys for unique stylization of artwork.
- Know how to 'good' start and finish an artwork.
Beginning artists will be able to learn-
- Various application techniques in charcoal drawing and oil painting,
- Basic proportion for drawing/painting human head,
- Step by step work order for efficient construction of portrait art,
- How to continue fun study and improve skills after workshop.
(To see example works of instructor visit our page at: https://www.zinlim.com/portraitdrawing)
If you have further questions about workshop, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[1 on 1 PORTFOLIO REVIEW]
We know hard-working and awesome idea are not always guarantee your successful artworks and art career.
If you concern about application for galleries or competitions, or want to know how to improve past/current works,
bring your artworks as the original or/and digital, tell about your challenges, and get critical advices for your art journey.
- 45 minute Portfolio Review.
- Reviewer: Zin Lim (International/national top awards winner, 12 year college teacher).
- At appointed Time/Location in the city of workshop.
- We will email you to make an appointment about a week prior to workshop date.
- Drawing Workshop: May 4th, 2019. Saturday, 10am-5pm
- Painting Workshop: n/a
[LOCATION]: The Green Room
- 62 Bow St, Somerville, MA 02143, USA
* In case, location/time is booked or changed, you will receive the notification by email you enter.
- Lists of 'charcoal drawing' and 'oil painting' material with store links are at Q&A page.
- [Day 1] Portrait Drawing Express: 320USD (VAT, tax and fee included)
- [Day 2] Portrait Painting Express: 350USD (VAT, tax and fee included)
- [Day 1 & 2: Full time with Spot Priority] Portrait Drawing+Painting Express: 600USD (VAT, tax and fee included)
- [1 on 1 PORTFOLIO REVIEW]: 50USD (VAT, tax and fee included, date/time as appointed by email)
*Zin Studio's 2019 workshop fees are same worldwide.
- PayPal (Credit card available)
• 100% refund for your cancellation by 30 days before the 1st day of the event or cancellation by Zin Studio.
• 50% is refund for your cancellation by 2 weeks before the 1st day of the event.
• No refund for your cancellation within 2 weeks before the 1st day of the event.
• You can hand over this ticket to other artist for any day of workshops. (Your friend must present your event ticket)
We are looking forward to meeting you in workshop soon!!!
Portrait Drawing Express
1 on 1 Portfolio Review.
45 minute Portfolio Review by Zin Lim. Any time block between 6-9pm on April 1st and 2nd, 2019. To make an appointment email to email@example.com.