Sat, Jan 12|
H Momo Zhou Fine Art Studio
Burlingame, CA (Oil Painting Composition)
From your reference picture. Study design plan and process. Complete your best piece.
Time & Location
Jan 12, 2019, 2:00 PM – Jan 20, 2019, 7:00 PM
H Momo Zhou Fine Art Studio, 1017 California Dr, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
About The Event
This class is designed for artists who want to create their best piece of artwork, college students who want to create upgraded assignments and gallery/college applicants who want create portfolio piece.
Through you prepare, study and complete a work, you will learn about rules and secrets for creating good quality of artwork. It's really fun and useful course for any experienced level of artists who want to work in inspirational atmosphere with other artists have various direction and create their own masterpiece in oil.
- Subject: Portrait, figure, landscape, cityscape or still-life.
- Style: Any representational (figurative) arts: realism, impressionism, expressionism and semi-abstraction.
- Day 1: Jan. 12th (2-7pm)
Bring your reference pictures you like to draw or paint from. Through the day's lectures and demos, you will learn how to improve references, effective value pattern design for your successful portfolio work.
(*Not sure which reference photo is good? Send an email with the photos you have to email@example.com)
- Day 2: Jan. 13th (2-7pm)
You will learn how to make harmonious and strategic color scheme. From your value studies you will create various color studies to choose the best one for your portfolio work.
- Day 3: Jan. 19th (2-7pm)
You will create the first draft or the first stage of work under instructor's supervision. You will learn optimized material and application techniques in order for your smooth progress of work.
- Day 4: Jan. 20th (2-7pm)
A work's final stage require you to create balance, harmony, unity and upgrade of composition. You will learn and understand 'How to finish' a work and complete a work under instructor's supervision.
- All 4 sessions ($600): For artists want to complete 1 or 2 best painting(s). (+Priority for spot reservation)
- Any # of Sessions ($165 each): If you like to choose any # of sessions you need.
- H. Momo Zhou Fine Art (1017 California Drive, Burlingame, CA)
[Materials to Bring]
- Oil Paint: Any brand.
- Canvas: Canvas paper pad (for value/color studies on 'Day1 & Day2'. 9"x12"-14"x18"), Stretched canvas (for your painting. any size you feel okay)
- Brushes: Various size of flat or round (either natural or synthetic hair of any brand is fine but must have good shape of hair)
- Palette Knife: Sharp.
- Palette: Pad or any.
- Medium: Pure 'Linseed oil' or 'sunflower oil' (similar texture with normal cooking oil) in a jar. Odorless mineral spirit is optional.
- Easel (optional): Portable. Wooden French easel or Light aluminum frame, Stand or table-top easel. Or put your canvas on table with no easel.
- Reference Picture: Zin will send you some images by email. You can bring the printed ones or tablet or cell phone to work from. If you have photos you like to work from, bring them.
*Compare material prices with Amazon's.
*For our healthy study please don't use fast drying medium or toxic mediums, such as liquin, galkid, etc.
- Directly pay: through your PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo to zinlim
- Full amount is refundable for your cancellation by 30 days before the 1st day of the event.
- 90% is refundable for your cancellation by 2 weeks before the 1st day of the event.
- No refundable within 2 weeks before the event starts.
- In case of cancellation of event by host, 100% will be refunded regardless the time of cancellation.
- You can hand over this ticket to other people for the full or any part of the event days. (Your friend must present your event ticket by print or digital)
I am looking forward to meeting you soon!!!
Composition for oil painting
Choose # of sessions you need.$165.00