Fri, Sep 22|
Taller (Clases) Pintura Condesa
[CDMX, Mexico] Expressive Figure Drawing with Zin Lim
Unique and exclusive event!
Time & Location
Sep 22, 2023, 10:00 AM CST – Sep 24, 2023, 4:00 PM CST
Taller (Clases) Pintura Condesa , Cuernavaca 71, Colonia Condesa, Cuauhtémoc, 06140 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
About The Event
[About the Course]
Artist, ZIn Lim will share his unique direction of figure drawing that is tactile and spiritual. This is an intensive and fun class designed for any experienced level of artist students. In this class, students will create lots of drawings with fun and intensive activities along with the instructor and fellow students. After attending this course students will learn how to enjoy the fun process of drawing and creating incredible expressive figures in their own (unique) voice.
September 22, 23, 24, 2023
10 am - 4 pm
- The instructor will present multiple demonstrations and critiques for the group as well as timely individual feedback.
- Lunch break: 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Day 1: Line
- Line characteristics: How to use expressive lines efficiently.
- Basic proportion: How to skip sight measuring during drawing.
- Gesture drawing: How to capture the essence of the model’s pose quickly.
Day 2: Stroke
- Shape/Value/Edge: How to create interesting visual elements and compose them for good-looking figure drawing.
Day 3: Unique stylization
- How to use an artist’s personal character for creating a unique style of figure drawing.
Drawing Pad: One of the following pads.
- Strathmore, 300 series, Drawing pad, Medium surface, 14x17 or 18x24inch
- Strathmore, 400 series, Drawing pad, Medium surface, 14x17 or 18x24inch
- Strathmore, 300 series, Charcoal Pad, 12x18inch or larger
- Strathmore, 500 series, Charcoal Pad, 12x18inch or larger
* No 'New Sprint', 'Bristol', or 'Smooth surface', They don't work well with willow charcoal sticks.
Willow Charcoal Sticks: Various sizes of 1 thick and 1-2 thin ones (General, Cortes, Winsor Newton, or any local brand)
Charcoal Pencil: 'General' charcoal pencil (HB) or Vine charcoal stick (hard or medium, any brand)
Kneaded eraser: link
Blending stump: link
* Compare prices with local art stores or Amazon.
* Can't have the same supplies in your town? No problem. Just bring anything similar.
- Utility Knife: to sharpen a pencil.
- Sandpaper: link. to sharpen a pencil.
- Portable easel: Stand, table-top, or no easel is fine.
- Drawing board: any wooden, plastic, or thick paper board for backing the drawing pad.
- (Workable) Fixative: to preserve drawing for your portfolio.
'The Clases Pintura Condes' host this workshop. For more information and sign-up, please contact by sites below.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clasespinturacondesa
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +525540922975
- Address: Cuernavaca 71, Colonia Condesa, Cuauhtémoc, 06140 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico