Sun, Feb 20|
[OL] Expressive Figure Drawing (America/Asia)
The full course of Figure Drawing in Charcoal.
Time & Location
Feb 20, 2022, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT+9
About The Event
Artist Zin Lim will share everything about his signature direction in Expressive Figure Drawing in charcoal.
This Course's contents include-
- 12 modules (themes) in 6 days of lectures/demonstraitons.
- All the recorded class videos for your review.
- 6 free tickets for Visual Critique on your works.
- 3 free tickets for Figure Drawing Club workshops.
- For any experienced-level of artists who have been drawing human figure in any medium.
- The classes run in English.
It is weekly course. Each week has 2 modules have their own themes. Zin Lim will share his charcoal drawing techniques, composition methods and ideas in online lectures and demonstration. After the module days Zin Lim will give feedbacks via Visual Critique (free for full time artist/students).
The 3rd, 7th, 9th weeks are workshop days. We will draw from models' reference photos at Figure Drawing Club worskhops.
Feb. 20th, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Module 1: Introduction to charcoal drawing material and the techniques.
- Module 2: Basic forms.
Feb. 27th, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Module 3: Basic proportion for human figure.
- Module 4: Various ways of gesture drawing.
Mar. 6th, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Figure Drawing Club.
Mar. 13th, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Module 5: Shadow shapes.
- Module 6: Shadow edges.
Mar. 20th, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Module 7: Value concept.
- Module 8: 3-D forms and planes.
Mar. 27th, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Module 9: Head drawing proportion.
- Module 10: Expressive head drawing.
Apr. 3rd, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Figure Drawing Club.
Apr. 10th, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Module 11: Focal point.
- Module 12: Aerial perspective.
May 1st, 2022. 10am-12pm (Seoul Time Zone)
- Figure Drawing Club.
The class date and hours are varied by your city's time zone.
* Find your city's exact class-hours from the list below. (Can't find your city on the list? Use Time Zone Converter.)
* Mark the event hours on your calendar and set alarm.
The 1st Class Date/Hours.
Seoul, Tokyo & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sun, Feb 20, 10:00am - 12:00pm (KST)
SF, LA, Seattle, Vancouver, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, Feb 19, 5:00pm - 7:00pm (PST)
Denver, Phoenix, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, Feb 19, 6:00pm - 8:00pm (MST)
Chicago, Houston, Austin, CDMX, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, Feb 19, 7:00pm - 9:00pm (CST)
NY, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, DC, Atlanta, Miami, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, Feb 19, 8:00pm - 10:00pm (EST)
Sao Paulo, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, Feb 19, 10:00pm - 12:00am (GMT--3)
Singapore, KL, Taipei, HK, Perth, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sun, Feb 20, 9:00am - 11:00am (GMT+8)
Sydney, Melbourne, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sun, Feb 20, 12:00pm - 2:00pm (AEDT)
Wellington, New Zealand, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sun, Feb 20, 2:00pm - 4:00pm (NZDT)
Honolulu, United States, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, Feb 19, 3:00pm - 5:00pm (HST)
[MEETING ROOM LINK]: Zoom meeting room
- Via the link above join the meeting room about 10 minute before the class starting time.
- Also 'Reminder Email' with the link will be sent 1-3 days prior to the class day.
[CHARCOAL DRAWING MATERIAL]
You will need below to draw in class and assignments after class.
- Drawing pad: One from below.
- Strathmore Drawing Pad, 300 series, medium surface. 14"x17" or similar or larger.
- (Recycled) Strathmore drawing pad, 400 series, medium surface. 14”x17" or similar or larger.
- Charcoal drawing pads. 12"x16" or similar or larger (any brand).
* No 'New Sprint', 'Bristol' or anything has 'smooth' surface, They don't work well with charcoal.
- Willow or/and Vine (soft or extra-soft) charcoal sticks (any brand)
- HB charcoal pencil: 'General' brand (if you don't have 'General' brand, vine charcoal medium or hard (any brand) or Nitram hard is fine.
- Kneaded eraser
- Blending Stumps or paper rolled/sharpend as a pencil's shape
- Utility Knife
- Drawing Board : any of wooden, plastic or thick paper board for backing drawing pad.
- (Workable) Fixative : for in case you save your work for long.
- Pencil Extender: for in case your pencil is too short.
- Sandpaper Block or any smooth Sandpaper.
* Material list is also available on the Q&A page.
- 380US$ + VAT(10%)
- Includes: 11 modules (6 days) of lecture/demonstraitons + the recorded class videos + 3 drawing workshops (Figure Drawing Club) + 6 times of Visual Critiques.
- Payment via PayPal or Credit card.
For artists who want to join only a part of the course.
- 70US$ + VAT(10%) /day.
- Purchase the number of tickets for the days you want to join and Email email@example.com with your selected dates.
- Includes: Your choice of the : class days (the modules) + the number of the recorded class videos + the times of the Visual Critiques.
- If you want to join Figure Drawing Club workshop, you can purchase the ticket separately at www.zinlim.com/workshop/
- 100% refund in the case of your cancellation by 3 days before the event date.
- 100% refund in the case of Zin Studio's decision to event cancellation.
- You can gift tickets to your friends. Just send your e-ticket to your friend and let us know the friend's name for our guest list.
- This courses is exclusive for attending students. So, recording or snapshot is not permitted.
Student Guidelines for being in an online course
These guidelines are to ensure that every student in this workshop has a great experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout this course. If you have any questions about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Know if you need to keep the microphone muted when you are not speaking. (Depends on instructor)
- There should be limited outside distractions during our Zoom workshop sessions (i.e., there should not be other people around you, or anything too distracting on the walls – inappropriate posters, advertisements, religious/political slogans, etc. - while in class).
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during a Zoom session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.). Try to be in a quiet environment.
- No screenshots or pictures are to be taken during a Zoom class session.
- Be mindful of what you write and share. Messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Stay off your phones, other devices, and social media to respect your instructor and other artists while in the workshop.
- Know how to ask questions during lectures and demonstrations. (Using the 'raise hand' function in the chatting room or just speak? Depends on the instructor)
- Dress comfortably as you are at art an art studio shared with other artists.
- Be respectful of your fellow artists, when in break-out rooms for partner or group activities.
- If necessary, your instructor may ask you to leave the class until all distractions in your environment have been addressed.
- Disrupting a class is a violation.
- Do NOT share the Zoom workshop link with anyone who did not register for your workshop.
- Procure a quality webcam and a microphone headset.
- Test how to play with the Zoom application a few days before the workshop. And you can move between Zoom windows smoothly and use cool Zoom functions more at workshop time.
Before the Zoom session:
- Join the Zoom session before the start time and test your microphone and camera.
- Your instructor will share the Zoom session link with you.
- Plan to be in a quiet room without potential interference and interruptions. Silence your phone.
- Find a sitting area with a plain, non-distracting background.
- Position the webcam so that your face is bright. Avoid back-lighting, such as sitting with your back to a window with bright light.
- Practice speaking to the camera and not to the screen. (though we know it's not easy)
During the Zoom session:
- Mute your microphone when you have to make noise (opening/closing door, other family's talk, emergency call etc)
- Don't forget to turn your camera or webcam on.
- Use chat to communicate technical issues to the instructor and ask questions.
- Watch your actions on Zoom. Everyone can see that big, wide-mouth yawn!
After the Zoom session:
- Public and private messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Participation reports are generated indicating who has joined the session and when are documented.
We hope you enjoy our workshop!!!
12 modules + All the recorded classes + 3 Figure Drawing Club workshops + 6 Visual Critiques.$380.00Tax: +$38.00 Tax
For artists who want to join only a part of the course. Purchase the number of tickets for the days you want to join.$70.00Tax: +$7.00 Tax