Sat, Jan 23|
[OL] Portrait Sketch (1)
Create expressive portrait with Zin Lim!!!
Time & Location
Jan 23, 2021, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM GMT+9
About The Event
[Workshop Date & Hours]
Seoul, South Korea
Sat, Jan 23, 7:00pm - 9:00pm (KST)
San Francisco, United States
Sat, Jan 23, 2:00am - 4:00am (PST)
New York, United States
Sat, Jan 23, 5:00am - 7:00am (EST)
London, United Kingdom
Sat, Jan 23, 10:00am - 12:00pm (GMT)
Sat, Jan 23, 11:00am - 1:00pm (CET)
Sat, Jan 23, 1:00pm - 3:00pm (GMT+3)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sat, Jan 23, 2:00pm - 4:00pm (GMT+4)
Sat, Jan 23, 3:30pm - 5:30pm (IST)
Sat, Jan 23, 6:00pm - 8:00pm (GMT+8)
Sat, Jan 23, 9:00pm - 11:00pm (AEDT)
[Classroom]: Zoom link
- Zoom link and password will be sent in 'Reminder Email' a week prior to meeting date.
- Mark the date & hour on your calendar and check your email box before class date.
- Desktop, laptop or Tablet PC (camera installed) : to say hi to classmates, see lecture/slide shows/demonstrations and to show your work for feedback.
- Oil Paint: Any brand.
Titanium White (Must have)
Any 1 dark color : Alizarin Crimson. Ultramarine Blue, Pthalo Green, Viridian, any Umber or any dark color except black.
- Canvas paper pad or Stretched canvas (9"x12"-14"x18", smooth surface).
- Brushes: Various size of flat. Zin will use cheep 'synthetic flat' brushes.
- Palette Knife (optional) : Sharp.
- Palette: Palette Pad or any wooden/plastic/glass palette.
- Medium: Pure, Odorless 'Linseed oil' or 'safflower oil' (similar smell and texture with normal home cooking oil) in a jar. No fast-dry medium, such as; Liquin or Galkid. Odorless mineral spirit is optional (At workshop, Zin will use mixture of Safflower oil + Ordorless mineral spirit).
- Paper towel or rag: To wipe oil from brush. (Zin use cutted drop cloth)
- Large paper or plastic sheet: To prevent paint drops on table or floor.
- Easel (optional) : Portable. Wooden French easel or Light aluminum frame, Stand or table-top easel. No easel? No problem. Just put canvas on table.
- Reference Picture: We provide reference photos.
* For lower cost shopping materials compare prices online, such as Amazon.com.
* We don't recomend fast drying medium, smelly or toxic mediums, such as liquin, galkid, etc in your room. Use odorless/no smelly medium for your healthy study experience.
[About Portrait Shetch Workshop]
- For any experienced-level of artists who have been painting portrait in oil medium.
- Workshop runs in English.
- Chapter 1: Preview painting stages, warming up sketches.
- Chapter 2: Creation of a portrait with instructor.
- Lecture / Demos / Feedbacks
- 15 Limited Zoom spots
- Connect Zoom with your desktop or laptop, and watch lecture and demo.
- Instructor will explain about design strategies.
- Instructor will show demo while explaining the work progress.
- Students will work same time to figure out what's work and what doesn't.
- Instructor will answer for students' questions (during demo and after demo).
- Picture time together. We will email you with the photos.
Artists will be able to learn-.
- How to set up oil painting materal set.
- Flat brush application techniques in oil painting.
- Efficient step by step work order of painting portrait.
- How to continue enjoy portrait sketches and improve skills after this workshop.
Advanced/Intermediate artists in other media will be able to-
- Broaden your perspective in painting.
- Style-shift from tight to loose and painterly.
- Know keys for unique stylization of artwork.
- Know how to manage work process from 'good' start to completion of an artwork.
If you have further questions about workshop, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 50USD + VAT(10%) (Limited time only, regular price: $100usd)
- PayPal (Credit card payment is also available via PayPal)
- 100% refund in case for your cancellation by 7 days before the event date.
- 100% refund in case for Zin Studio's deceison to event cancellation.
- You can gift tickets to your friends. Just let us have the friend's name for our guest list.
- Workshop is exclusive for attanding students. So, recording and snapshot during workshop activities by student is not permitted.
[Student Guidelines for being in an online course]
These guidelines are to ensure that every student in this workshop has a great experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout this course. If you have any questions about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please contact email@example.com.
- Know if you need to keep microphone muted, when you are not speaking. (Depends on instructor)
- There should be limited outside distractions during our Zoom workshop sessions (i.e., there should not be other people around you, or anything too distracting on the walls – inappropriate posters, advertisements, religious/political sloguns, etc. - while in class).
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during a Zoom session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.). Try to be in a quiet environment.
- No screen shots or pictures are to be taken during a Zoom class session.
- Be mindful of what you write and share. Messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Stay off your phones, other devices, and social media to respect your instructor and other artists while in workshop.
- Know how to ask question during lecture and demonstration. (Using 'raise hand' function on chatting room or just speak? Depends on instructor)
- Dress comfortably as you are at art studio shared with other artist.
- Be respectful of your fellow artists, when in break out rooms for partner or group activities.
- If necessary, your instructor may ask you to leave the class until all distractions in your environment have been addressed.
- Disrupting a class is a violation.
- Do NOT share the Zoom workshop link with anyone who is not registered for your workshop.
- Procure a quality webcam and a microphone headset.
- Test how to play with Zoom application a few days before workshop. And you can move between Zoom windows smootly and use cool Zoom functions more at workshop time.
Before the Zoom session:
- Join the Zoom session before the start time and test your microphone and camera.
- Your instructor will share the Zoom session link with you.
- Plan to be in a quiet room without potential interference and interruptions. Silence your phone.
- Find a sitting area with a plain, non-distracting background.
- Position the webcam so that your face is bright. Avoid back-lighting, such as sitting with your back to a window with bright light.
- Practice speaking to the camera and not to the screen. (though we know it's not easy)
During the Zoom session:
- Mute your microphone when you have to make noise (opening/closing door, other family's talk, emergency call etc)
- Don't forget to turn your camera or webcam on.
- Use chat to communicate technical issues to the instructor and ask questions.
- Watch your actions on Zoom. Everyone can see that big, wide-mouth yawn!
After the Zoom session:
- Public and private messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Participation reports are generated indicating who has joined the session and when are documented.
We hope you enjoy our workshop!!!
Portrait Sketch (1)$50.00Tax: +$5.00 VAT