Sun, May 22|
[Online] Portrait Painting Along
Watch Zin Lim's demo of expressive art. And create artwork along with Zin Lim and artists from the globe!
Time & Location
May 22, 2022, 2:00 AM – 4:30 AM GMT+9
About The Event
[Date & Hours]
- This is an online workshop. So, the event date and time are different by world time zone.
- Please find exact date & time from the list below.
- Mark the date & hour on your calendar and check your email box before class date.
- Your city is not listed? Use Time Zone Converter to find your city's time.
Seoul, Tokyo, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sun, May 22, 2:00am - 4:30am (KST)
London, Lisbon, Dublin, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 6:00pm - 8:30pm (BST)
Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Oslo, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 7:00pm - 9:30pm (CEST)
Helsinki, Sofia, Athens, Cape Town, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 8:00pm - 10:30pm (EEST)
Tehran, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 9:30pm - 12:00am (GMT+430)
Dubai, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 9:00pm - 11:30pm (GMT+4)
New Delhi, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 10:30pm - 1:00am (IST)
Singapore, KL, Taipei, HK, Perth, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sun, May 22, 1:00am - 3:30am (GMT+8)
Sydney, Melbourne, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sun, May 22, 3:00am - 5:30am (AEST)
Wellington, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sun, May 22, 5:00am - 7:30am (NZST)
Honolulu, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 7:00am - 9:30am (HST)
SF, LA, Seattle, Vancouver, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 10:00am - 12:30pm (PDT)
Denver, Phoenix, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 11:00am - 1:30pm (MDT)
Chicago, Houston, Austin, Winnipeg, Mexico City, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 12:00pm - 2:30pm (CDT)
NY, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, Washington, Atlanta, Miami, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 1:00pm - 3:30pm (EDT)
Sao Paulo, & cities in the same Time Zone.
Sat, May 21, 2:00pm - 4:30pm (GMT--3)
[How to join?]: Zoom link
- Mark the exact date & hour on your calendar. (Some artists absent due to confusion or time zone.)
- On the class day: Join the Zoom classroom by clicking link above or same links in the confirmation/reminder email.
[Connection Devices you will need]
- Desktop, Laptop, or Tablet : to watch instructor's lecture and demo.
- (Optional) Cell phone (installed camera) : You may want to share your work in progress, too.
[Art Materials you will need]
- Reference Picture: We will provide reference photo for you to work from.
- Oil Paint: Titanium White and any 1 dark color (such as; Raw/Burnt Umber, Alizarin Crimson. Ultramarine Blue, Pthalo Green, Viridian and etc. We use a limited palette).
- Canvas pad, Gessoed paper or Stretched canvas (about 9"x12"-14"x18", smooth surface is better).
- Brushes: Various size of Flat brushs. Zin will use 2 sets of Large/Medium/Small size of flat brushes with synthetic hair.
- Medium: 'Linseed' or 'safflower' oil and Odorless mineral spirit (optional) in a jar. (Zin will use a mixture of Sunflower oil + Odorless mineral spirit in 50/50).
- Palette: Palette pad or any wooden/plastic/glass palette.
- Palette Knife (optional): Sharp one.
- Paper towel or rag: To wipe oil from brush. (Zin use cutted drop cloth)
- Easel (optional) or put canvas on table.
* Cover your work area with large paper or plastic sheet to prevent paint drop on your table and floor.
* Don't use fast-drying, smelly and toxic mediums, such as; Liquin, Galkid, etc in your room. Use an odorless medium for your healthy study experience.
[About the event]
- For any experienced-level of artists who have been drawing human head in any medium.
- The workshop runs in English.
- You will create a portrait along with instructor and other artists from the globe.
- Instructor will explain about the medium and work process.
- Connect Zoom with your desktop or laptop, and watch lectures and demos.
- Instructor will explain design strategies.
- Instructor will show demos while explaining the work progress.
- Students will work same time to figure out what works and what doesn't.
- Instructor will answer for students' questions (during and after a demo).
- Picture time together at the end of event. (show yourself, your work, or the both)
Artists will be able to learn-.
- How to use oil painting material set.
- Brush application techniques in oil painting.
- The efficient step-by-step work order of painting portrait in Alla Prima method (direct painting).
Advanced/Intermediate artists in other media will be able to-
- Broaden your perspective in painting approach.
- Style-shift from tight to loose and painterly.
- Know keys for the unique stylization of artwork.
- Know how to manage the work process from 'good' start to completion of an artwork.
If you have further questions about the workshop, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 65USD + VAT(10%) (Limited time only, regular price: $100usd)
- Credit card (via Paypal)
- 100% refund in the case of your cancellation by 7 days before the event date.
- 100% refund in the case of Zin Studio's decision to event cancellation.
- You can gift tickets to your friends.
- The event is exclusive for ticket holders and payed members. Recording and snapshot of any contents are not permitted. Sharing the Zoom link or recorded workshop is not permitted.
[Student Guidelines for being in an online course]
These guidelines are to ensure that every student in this workshop has a great experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout this course. If you have any questions about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please contact email@example.com.
- Know if you need to keep the microphone muted, when you are not speaking. (Depends on instructor)
- There should be limited outside distractions during our Zoom workshop sessions (i.e., there should not be other people around you, or anything too distracting on the walls – inappropriate posters, advertisements, religious/political slogans, etc. - while in class).
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during a Zoom session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.). Try to be in a quiet environment.
- No screenshots or pictures are to be taken during a Zoom class session.
- Be mindful of what you write and share. Messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Stay off your phones, other devices, and social media to respect your instructor and other artists while in the workshop.
- Know how to ask questions during lectures and demonstrations. (Using the 'raise hand' function in the chatting room or just speak? Depends on the instructor)
- Dress comfortably as you are at art an art studio shared with other artists.
- Be respectful of your fellow artists, when in break-out rooms for partner or group activities.
- If necessary, your instructor may ask you to leave the class until all distractions in your environment have been addressed.
- Disrupting a class is a violation.
- Do NOT share the Zoom workshop link with anyone who is not registered for your workshop.
- Procure a quality webcam and a microphone headset.
- Test how to play with the Zoom application a few days before the workshop. And you can move between Zoom windows smoothly and use cool Zoom functions more at workshop time.
Before the Zoom session:
- Join the Zoom session before the start time and test your microphone and camera.
- Your instructor will share the Zoom session link with you.
- Plan to be in a quiet room without potential interference and interruptions. Silence your phone.
- Find a sitting area with a plain, non-distracting background.
- Position the webcam so that your face is bright. Avoid back-lighting, such as sitting with your back to a window with bright light.
- Practice speaking to the camera and not to the screen. (though we know it's not easy)
During the Zoom session:
- Mute your microphone when you have to make noise (opening/closing door, other family's talk, emergency call etc)
- Don't forget to turn your camera or webcam on.
- Use chat to communicate technical issues to the instructor and ask questions.
- Watch your actions on Zoom. Everyone can see that big, wide-mouth yawn!
After the Zoom session:
- Public and private messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Participation reports are generated indicating who has joined the session and when are documented.
We hope you enjoy our workshop!!!
Portrait Sketch (Oil)$65.00Tax: +$6.50 VAT