[Online] Portrait Sketch 12 (oil)
Time & Location
About The Event
[Workshop Date & Hours]
This is an online workshop. So, the event date and time are different by your time zone.
Please find exact date & time from the time zone your location belong to.
Sun, Mar 21, 10:00am - 12:30pm (KST)
SF, LA, Seattle, Vancouver
Sat, Mar 20, 6:00pm - 8:30pm (PDT)
Sat, Mar 20, 7:00pm - 9:30pm (MDT)
Chicago, Houston, Austin, Winnipeg, Mexico City
Sat, Mar 20, 8:00pm - 10:30pm (CDT)
NY, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, Washington, Atlanta, Miami
Sat, Mar 20, 9:00pm - 11:30pm (EDT)
Sat, Mar 20, 10:00pm - 12:30am (GMT--3)
Sat, Mar 20, 10:00pm - 12:30am (GMT--3)
Singapore, Taipei, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Perth,
Sun, Mar 21, 9:00am - 11:30am (GMT+8)
Sun, Mar 21, 12:00pm - 2:30pm (AEDT)
+ Mark the date & hour on your calendar and check your email box before class date.
* Your city is not listed? Use Time Zone Converter to know the workshop dates/times in your area.
[Classroom]: Zoom link
- Zoom link and password will be sent in 'Reminder Email' 3 days before the meeting date.
- Mark the date & hour on your calendar and check your email box before the class date.
[Connection Devices you will need]
- Desktop, Laptop, or Tablet : to watch instructor's lecture and demo.
- (Optional) Cell phone camera : In addition to the screen device above, some of you will want to connect Zoom with cell phone as well, because cell phone cam normally has higher resolution for video and you can show your work in progresses shots in clearer image.
[Art Materials you will need]
- Reference Picture: We provide reference photo you will work from.
- Oil Paint: Titanium White and any 1 dark color (such as; Raw/Burnt Umber, Alizarin Crimson. Ultramarine Blue, Pthalo Green, Viridian and etc. We use a limited palette).
- Canvas pad, Gessoed paper or Stretched canvas (about 9"x12"-14"x18", smooth surface is better).
- Brushes: Your favorite brush set. (Zin will use a flat brush set with synthetic hair).
- Medium: Pure/Odorless 'Linseed' or 'safflower' oil and Odorless mineral spirit (optional) in a jar. (Zin will use a mixture of Safflower oil + Odorless mineral spirit).
- Palette: Palette pad or any wooden/plastic/glass palette.
- Palette Knife (optional): Sharp one.
- Paper towel or rag: To wipe oil from brush. (Zin use cutted drop cloth)
- Easel (optional) or put canvas on table.
* Cover your work area with large paper or plastic sheet to prevent paint drop on your table and floor.
* Don't use fast-drying, smelly and toxic mediums, such as; Liquin, Galkid, etc in your room. Use an odorless medium for your healthy study experience.
[About Portrait Sketch Workshop]
- For any experienced-level of artists who have been drawing human head in any medium.
- The workshop runs in English.
- 15 Limited Zoom spots
- You will create a portrait along with instructor and international students.
- Instructor will provide; Lecture / Demo / Feedback
- Connect Zoom with your desktop or laptop, and watch lectures and demos.
- Instructor will explain design strategies.
- Instructor will show demos while explaining the work progress.
- Students will work same time to figure out what works and what doesn't.
- Instructor will answer students' questions (during and after a demo).
- Picture time together. We will email you with the photos.
Artists will be able to learn-.
- How to set up oil painting material set.
- Flat brush application techniques in oil painting.
- The efficient step-by-step work order of painting portrait.
- How to continue to enjoy portrait sketches and improve skills after this workshop.
Advanced/Intermediate artists in other media will be able to-
- Broaden your perspective in painting.
- Style-shift from tight to loose and painterly.
- Know keys for the unique stylization of artwork.
- Know how to manage the work process from 'good' start to completion of an artwork.
If you have further questions about the workshop, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
- 60USD + VAT(10%) (Limited time only, regular price: $100usd)
- Credit card
- 100% refund in the case of your cancellation by 7 days before the event date.
- 100% refund in the case of Zin Studio's decision to event cancellation.
- You can gift tickets to your friends. Just let us have the friend's name for our guest list.
- The workshop is exclusive for attending students. Recording and snapshot of any contents are not permitted. Sharing the Zoom link or recorded workshop is not permitted.
[Student Guidelines for being in an online course]
These guidelines are to ensure that every student in this workshop has a great experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout this course. If you have any questions about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Know if you need to keep the microphone muted when you are not speaking. (Depends on instructor)
- There should be limited outside distractions during our Zoom workshop sessions (i.e., there should not be other people around you, or anything too distracting on the walls – inappropriate posters, advertisements, religious/political slogans, etc. - while in class).
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during a Zoom session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.). Try to be in a quiet environment.
- No screenshots or pictures are to be taken during a Zoom class session.
- Be mindful of what you write and share. Messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Stay off your phones, other devices, and social media to respect your instructor and other artists while in the workshop.
- Know how to ask questions during lectures and demonstrations. (Using the 'raise hand' function in the chatting room or just speak? Depends on the instructor)
- Dress comfortably as you are at art an art studio shared with other artists.
- Be respectful of your fellow artists, when in break-out rooms for partner or group activities.
- If necessary, your instructor may ask you to leave the class until all distractions in your environment have been addressed.
- Disrupting a class is a violation.
- Do NOT share the Zoom workshop link with anyone who is not registered for your workshop.
- Procure a quality webcam and a microphone headset.
- Test how to play with the Zoom application a few days before the workshop. And you can move between Zoom windows smoothly and use cool Zoom functions more at workshop time.
Before the Zoom session:
- Join the Zoom session before the start time and test your microphone and camera.
- Your instructor will share the Zoom session link with you.
- Plan to be in a quiet room without potential interference and interruptions. Silence your phone.
- Find a sitting area with a plain, non-distracting background.
- Position the webcam so that your face is bright. Avoid back-lighting, such as sitting with your back to a window with bright light.
- Practice speaking to the camera and not to the screen. (though we know it's not easy)
During the Zoom session:
- Mute your microphone when you have to make noise (opening/closing door, other family's talk, emergency call etc)
- Don't forget to turn your camera or webcam on.
- Use chat to communicate technical issues to the instructor and ask questions.
- Watch your actions on Zoom. Everyone can see that big, wide-mouth yawn!
After the Zoom session:
- Public and private messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Participation reports are generated indicating who has joined the session and when are documented.
We hope you enjoy our workshop!!!
- Portrait Sketch (11, Oil)$60+$6 VAT$60+$6 VAT0$0