Sun, May 16|
[Online] Portrait Sketch 18 (charcoal drawing)
Create an expressive portrait along with Zin Lim !!!
Time & Location
May 16, 2021, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM GMT+9
About The Event
[Workshop Date & Hours]
This is an online workshop. So, the event date and time are different by your time zone.
Please find exact date & time from the time zone your location belong to.
Sun, May 16, 6:00pm - 8:00pm (KST)
London, Lisbon, Dublin,
Sun, May 16, 10:00am - 12:00pm (BST)
Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Oslo, Amsterdam, Florence, Zurich
Sun, May 16, 11:00am - 1:00pm (CEST)
Helsinki, Sofia, Athens, Cape Town,
Sun, May 16, 12:00pm - 2:00pm (EEST)
Sun, May 16, 1:30pm - 3:30pm (GMT+430)
Sun, May 16, 1:00pm - 3:00pm (GMT+4)
Sun, May 16, 2:30pm - 4:30pm (IST)
Singapore, Taipei, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Perth,
Sun, May 16, 5:00pm - 7:00pm (GMT+8)
Sun, May 16, 7:00pm - 9:00pm (AEST)
+ Mark the date & hour on your calendar and check your email box before class date.
+ If your city is not listed above and do not know which time zone your location's belong to, use Time Zone Converter to find exact workshop dates/times.
[Classroom]: Zoom link
- Zoom link and password will be sent in 'Reminder Email' 3 days before the meeting date.
- Mark the date & hour on your calendar and check your email box before class date.
[Connection Devices you will need]
- Desktop, Laptop, or Tablet : to watch instructor's lecture and demo.
- (Optional) Cell phone (installed camera) : Some artists will want to show their artwork in progress in better image. Cell phone cam has higher resolution than desktop(or laptop) installed cam.
[Art Materials you will need]
- Drawing pad: One from below.
- Strathmore Drawing Pad, 300 series, medium surface. 14"x17" or any size.
* Can't find above in your area? Charcoal drawing pads or any local brands of drawing pads (medium surface) are fine.
* No 'New Sprint', 'Bristol' or anything has 'smooth' surface, They don't work well with charcoal.
- HB charcoal pencil: 'General' brand (if you don't have 'General' brand, vine charcoal medium or hard (any brand) or Nitram hard is fine.
- Willow or/and Vine charcoal (soft or extra-soft) sticks (General, Cortes, Winsor Newton or any local brand)
- Kneaded eraser
- Utility Knife
- Portable easel : Stand, table-top or no easel is fine.
- Drawing board : any of wooden, plastic or thick paper board for backing drawing pad.
- (Workable) Fixative : For in case you make works you like to carry home.
- Pencil Extender
- Blending Stumps or paper rolled/sharpend as a pencil's shape
- Sandpaper Block or any smooth Sandpaper
* Can't find the listed material in your town? No problem. Just bring anything you have.
* Material is also available on the Q&A page.
[About Portrait Sketch Workshop]
- For any experienced-level of artists who have been drawing human head in any medium.
- The workshop runs in English.
- 15 Limited Zoom spots
- You will create a portrait along with instructor and international students.
- Instructor will provide; Lecture / Demo / Feedback
- Connect Zoom with your device, and watch lecture and demo.
- Instructor will tell about design strategies.
- Instructor will show demo while explaining the work progress.
- Students will work at the same time to figure out what works and what doesn't.
- Instructor will answer students' questions (during demo and after demo).
- Picture time together. We will email the photo to you.
Artists will be able to learn-.
- How to set up charcoal drawing material.
- Charcoal stick application techniques.
- Efficient step-by-step work order of drawing a portrait.
- How to continue to enjoy portrait sketches and improve skills after this workshop.
Advanced/Intermediate artists in other media will be able to-
- Broaden your perspective in a loose approach.
- Style-shift from tight to loose and painterly.
- Know keys for the unique stylization of artwork.
- Know how to manage the work process from 'good' start to completion of an artwork.
If you have further questions about the workshop, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 50USD + VAT(10%) (Limited time only, regular price: $100usd)
- Credit card
- 100% refund in the case of your cancellation by 7 days before the event date.
- 100% refund in the case of Zin Studio's decision to event cancellation.
- You can gift tickets to your friends. Just send your e-ticket to your friend and let us know the friend's name for our guest list.
- The workshop is exclusive for attending students. So, recording and snapshots during workshop activities by students are not permitted.
[Student Guidelines for being in an online course]
These guidelines are to ensure that every student in this workshop has a great experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout this course. If you have any questions about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please contact email@example.com.
- Know if you need to keep the microphone muted when you are not speaking. (Depends on instructor)
- There should be limited outside distractions during our Zoom workshop sessions (i.e., there should not be other people around you, or anything too distracting on the walls – inappropriate posters, advertisements, religious/political slogans, etc. - while in class).
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during a Zoom session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.). Try to be in a quiet environment.
- No screenshots or pictures are to be taken during a Zoom class session.
- Be mindful of what you write and share. Messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Stay off your phones, other devices, and social media to respect your instructor and other artists while in the workshop.
- Know how to ask questions during lectures and demonstrations. (Using the 'raise hand' function in the chatting room or just speak? Depends on the instructor)
- Dress comfortably as you are at art an art studio shared with other artists.
- Be respectful of your fellow artists, when in break-out rooms for partner or group activities.
- If necessary, your instructor may ask you to leave the class until all distractions in your environment have been addressed.
- Disrupting a class is a violation.
- Do NOT share the Zoom workshop link with anyone who is not registered for your workshop.
- Procure a quality webcam and a microphone headset.
- Test how to play with the Zoom application a few days before the workshop. And you can move between Zoom windows smoothly and use cool Zoom functions more at workshop time.
Before the Zoom session:
- Join the Zoom session before the start time and test your microphone and camera.
- Your instructor will share the Zoom session link with you.
- Plan to be in a quiet room without potential interference and interruptions. Silence your phone.
- Find a sitting area with a plain, non-distracting background.
- Position the webcam so that your face is bright. Avoid back-lighting, such as sitting with your back to a window with bright light.
- Practice speaking to the camera and not to the screen. (though we know it's not easy)
During the Zoom session:
- Mute your microphone when you have to make noise (opening/closing door, other family's talk, emergency call etc)
- Don't forget to turn your camera or webcam on.
- Use chat to communicate technical issues to the instructor and ask questions.
- Watch your actions on Zoom. Everyone can see that big, wide-mouth yawn!
After the Zoom session:
- Public and private messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Participation reports are generated indicating who has joined the session and when are documented.
We hope you enjoy our workshop!!!