Sun, Feb 05|
[Online] Portrait Sketch in Oil
Watch Zin Lim's demo of expressive art or/and make your portrait along!!!
Time & Location
Feb 05, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM GMT+9
About The Event
[About 'Portrait Sketch' event]
- For any experienced-level of artists who have been drawing or painting human heads in any medium.
- The workshop runs in English.
- 15 Limited spots.
- You will create a portrait along with the instructor and international students.
[What you will have from this event]
- Instructor's demo.
- Explanation about the material and the work process.
- Brief feedback and answers to your questions.
- Recorded demonstration + the after stage (refining detail or post-work stage if any happens).
[Date & Hours]
Every Sunday from December 18th, 2023 (except holidays)
* The event dates/times are different by the time zone you are in. Please find the exact date & time from the list below.
* Your city is not on the list? Use Time Zone Converter to know the exact dates/times in your area.
* Mark the date & hour on your calendar
* For in case of any change or update, check your mailbox a few days before the event date.
Seoul, Tokyo, & cities in the same time zone.
6:00pm - 8:00pm (KST)
London, Lisbon, Dublin, & cities in the same time zone.
9:00am - 11:00am (GMT)
Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Oslo, & cities in the same time zone.
10:00am - 12:00pm (CET)
Helsinki, Sofia, Athens, Cape Town, & cities in the same time zone.
11:00am - 1:00pm (EET)
Dubai, & cities in the same time zone.
1:00pm - 3:00pm (GMT+4)
New Delhi, & cities in the same time zone.
2:30pm - 4:30pm (IST)
Singapore, KL, Taipei, HK, Perth, & cities in the same time zone.
5:00pm - 7:00pm (GMT+8)
Sydney, Melbourne, & cities in the same time zone.
8:00pm - 10:00pm (AEDT)
[Classroom]: Zoom link
- The zoom classroom link is sent in a 'confirmation email' or/and a 'reminder email'.
- Mark the date & hour on your calendar.
- For in case of any change or update, please check your mailbox a couple of days before the event date.
[Devices you will need]
- Desktop, Laptop, or Tablet: to watch the instructor's demo work.
- (Optional) Cell phone: in case you want to share your work progress. Most cell phone camera is higher in resolution than desktop or any other devices.
[Art Materials you will need]
- Reference Picture: We will provide a reference photo for you to work from.
- Oil Paint: Titanium White and any 1 dark color (such as; Raw/Burnt Umber, Alizarin Crimson. Ultramarine Blue, Pthalo Green, Viridian and etc. We use a limited palette).
- Canvas pad, Gessoed paper, or Stretched canvas (about 9"x12"-14"x18", smooth surface is better).
- Brushes: Various sizes of flat brushes. (Zin will use 2 sets of Large/Medium/Small size flat brushes with synthetic hair).
- Medium: Pure/Odorless 'Linseed' or 'safflower' oil and Odorless mineral spirit (optional) in a jar. (Zin will use a mixture of Sunflower oil + Odorless mineral spirit in 50/50).
- Palette: Palette pad or any wooden/plastic/glass palette.
- Palette Knife (optional): Sharp one.
- Paper towel or rag: To wipe the oil from your brushes. (Zin uses drop cloth)
- Easel (optional) or put a canvas on the table.
* Cover your work area with a large paper or plastic sheet to prevent paint drop on your table and floor.
* Don't use fast-drying, smelly and toxic mediums, such as; Liquin, Galkid, etc in your room. Use an odorless medium for your healthy study experience.
- Connect Zoom with your desktop or laptop, and watch lectures and demos.
- The instructor will explain design strategies.
- The instructor will show demos while explaining the work progress.
- Students will work same time to figure out what works and what doesn't. Or just watch.
- The instructor will answer students' questions (during and after a demo).
- Picture time together. We will email you the photos. (Remind the instructor. He often forgets)
Artists will be able to learn-.
- How to set up material.
- Flat brush application techniques in oil painting.
- The efficient step-by-step work order of painting portraits.
- How to continue to enjoy portrait sketches and improve skills after this workshop.
Advanced/Intermediate artists in other media will be able to-
- Broaden your perspective on painting.
- Style-shift from tight to loose and painterly.
- Know the keys to the unique stylization of artwork.
- Know how to manage the work process from 'good' start to completion of an artwork.
- 60USD + VAT(10%) (Limited time only, regular price: $100usd)
- Credit card
- 100% refund in the case of your cancellation by 3 days before the event date.
- 100% refund in the case of Zin Studio's decision to cancel.
- You can gift tickets to your friends. Just let us have the friend's name for our guest list.
- The workshop is exclusive to attending students. Recording and snapshots of any contents are not permitted.
- Sharing the Zoom link or recorded workshop is not permitted.
[Student Guidelines for being in an online course]
These guidelines are to ensure that every student in this workshop has a great experience. Please read through these and try to abide by them throughout this course. If you have any questions about any of the guidelines or if you think of any guidelines that should also be included, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Know if you need to keep the microphone muted when you are not speaking. (Depends on the instructor)
- There should be limited outside distractions during our Zoom workshop sessions (i.e., there should not be other people around you, or anything too distracting on the walls – inappropriate posters, advertisements, religious/political slogans, etc. - while in class).
- All background noise should be kept to a minimum during a Zoom session (i.e., TV sound, radios, dogs barking, etc.). Try to be in a quiet environment.
- No screenshots or pictures are to be taken during a Zoom class session.
- Be mindful of what you write and share. Messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Stay off your phones, other devices, and social media to respect your instructor and other artists while in the workshop.
- Know how to ask questions during lectures and demonstrations. (Using the 'raise hand' function in the chatting room or just speaking? Depends on the instructor)
- Dress comfortably as you are at art an art studio shared with other artists.
- Be respectful of your fellow artists, when in break-out rooms for partner or group activities.
- If necessary, your instructor may ask you to leave the class until all distractions in your environment have been addressed.
- Disrupting a class is a violation.
- Do NOT share the Zoom workshop link with anyone who is not registered for your workshop.
- Procure a quality webcam and a microphone headset.
- Test how to play with the Zoom application a few days before the workshop. And you can move between Zoom windows smoothly and use cool Zoom functions more at workshop time.
Before the Zoom session:
- Join the Zoom session before the start time and test your microphone and camera.
- Your instructor will share the Zoom session link with you.
- Plan to be in a quiet room without potential interference and interruptions. Silence your phone.
- Find a sitting area with a plain, non-distracting background.
- Position the webcam so that your face is bright. Avoid back-lighting, such as sitting with your back to a window with bright light.
- Practice speaking to the camera and not to the screen. (though we know it's not easy)
During the Zoom session:
- Mute your microphone when you have to make noise (opening/closing the door, other family's talk, emergency call, etc)
- Don't forget to turn your camera or webcam on.
- Use chat to communicate technical issues to the instructor and ask questions.
- Watch your actions on Zoom. Everyone can see that big, wide-mouth yawn!
After the Zoom session:
- Public and private messages written in the Chat window during a session are saved automatically.
- Participation reports are generated indicating who has joined the session and when are documented.
If you have further questions about the workshop, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
See you at the event!!!
Portrait Sketch (Oil)$60.00Tax: +$6.00 VAT