Fri, Apr 14|
[Salt Lake City, UT, USA] Expressive Figure Drawing with Zin Lim
Unique and exclusive event!
Time & Location
Apr 14, 2023, 10:00 AM – Apr 16, 2023, 4:00 PM
Workshop SLC, 153 2100 S, South Salt Lake, UT 84115, USA
About The Event
[Expressive Figure Drawing with Zin Lim]
This workshop is hosted by Workshop SLC. For more information and registration visit the web page: https://www.workshopslc.com/schedule/expressive-figure-drawing-with-zin-lim
Artist, Zin Lim's Expressive Figure Drawing workshop will be a memorable and inspiring course. Coming all the way from South Korea, he will be instructing us on how to measure, create accurate proportions and refine fine details effectively. You will learn how to create good drawings that have emotion, rhythm, movement, and with your personal touch.
The instructor will share his unique direction of expressive figure drawing in lectures, presentations, and multiple demos from a live model. You will experiment to find a way to use your inner voice and the rhythm of your body and make lots of short and long posed drawings.
This course is for any experienced level of artist students.
Beginners will learn how to use charcoal medium, how to make interesting visual marks, and how to use those marks to create good figure drawings without being full of anatomic detail.
Advanced artists will learn to break their safe zone and shift their drawing style from tight to loose.
After attending this course you will broaden your perspective of figure drawing approaches, enjoy creating process more and get an idea for your own direction for the next drawing art.
Date: Fri - Sun April 14, 15, & 16, 2023
Times: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Workshop SLC, 153 2100 SouthSouth Salt Lake, UT, 84115United States (map)
Levels: All Levels
[Art Materials you will need]
- Drawing pad: One from below.
* Can't find the above in your area? Charcoal drawing pads or any local brands of drawing pads (medium surface) are fine.
* No 'New Sprint', 'Bristol', or anything has a 'smooth' surface, They don't work well with charcoal.
- HB charcoal pencil: General brand (if you don't have a 'General' brand, vine charcoal medium or hard (any brand) or Nitram hard is fine.
- Willow or/and Vine charcoal (soft or extra-soft) sticks (General, Cortes, Winsor Newton, or any local brand)
- Kneaded eraser
- Utility Knife
- Portable easel: Stand, table-top, or no easel is fine.
- Drawing board: any wooden, plastic, or thick paper board for backing the drawing pad.
- (Workable) Fixative: For in case you make works you like to carry home.
- Pencil Extender
- Blending Stumps
- Sandpaper Block or any smooth Sandpaper
* Can't find the listed material in your town? No problem. Just bring anything you have.
* Material list is also available on the Q&A page.
- This workshop is hosted by Workshop SLC. For more information and registration visit the web page: https://www.workshopslc.com/schedule/expressive-figure-drawing-with-zin-lim