Fri, Mar 15|
San Francisco, CA, USA
For Charcoal Drawing Beginner.
Time & Location
Mar 15, 2019, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Breather, 55 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
About The Event
[CHARCOAL DRAWING FUNDAMENTAL]
- Are you new to charcoal stick? This workshop will let you know all about materials for charcoal drawing, how to use them, how to draw basic forms and how to study at home toward the next stage of experience. Join this workshop and study with fun charcoal medium and our selected instructor.
[This course is for ARTISTS who-]
- Have never used dry medium (pencil, charcoal, pastel, etc) and like to learn how to choose and how to use in drawing.
- Have used graphite medium for drawing and want to switch approach to loose and painterly way for drawing.
- Have used charcoal and like to rebuild approach for more applicable for oil or acrylic painting.
* If you don't have material, you can rent materials from us for the days of workshop. (Add 'Material Rent' at check out).
- March 15th, 2019 (Friday 6-9pm).
[Location]: Breather (2nd Floor, Suite 220)
- 55 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA
- In case of venue status updates, you will receive notification with the detail.
- Intro to material: Understanding each material's character learn how to use them and manage them.
- Step by step drawing basic shapes and forms from provided reference photos.
- Know how to apply above concept and techniques for drawing complex forms such as apple and human head.
- Lectures, demonstrations and critiques.
[Materials to Bring]: Don't have all material & too much to buy materials? Rent at workshop.
- Drawing Pad: Strathmore Drawing Medium
- Quality: 300 series (good for studies) or 400 series (good for portfolio).
- Size: 18"x24", 14"x17", 12"x16" or 11"x14".
[Search at Amazon]
- Strathmore drawing pad, 300 series, medium surface.
- Strathmore drawing pad, 400 series, medium surface.
- Strathmore drawing pad, 400 series, medium surface. (Recycled)
* If you can't find Strathmore brand in your area, Blick 80lb , Utrecht or any local brands of drawing pads have medium tooth of surface are fine.
* No 'Smooth surface, 'New Sprint' or 'Bristol'. They don't work well with charcoal.
- HB charcoal pencil: 'General' brand (Test several HB pencils and choose the hardest/lightest/driest one. 2H is fine, too)
- Willow charcoal stick: General, Cortes, Winsor Newton or any local brand.
- Kneaded eraser.
- Utility knife: Cheapest at Daiso.
- Sandpaper: Block or any smooth Sandpaper.
- Portable easel: Stand easel, table-top or no easel is fine.
- Drawing board: any of wooden, plastic or thick paper board for backing drawing pad.
- (Workable) Fixative or very cheap hair spray.
- Pencil Extender.
- Blending Stumps.
- Workshop Ticket: $150
- (Optional) Material Rental: $20: Enough paper, charcoal sticks, charcoal pencil, knead eraser, utility knife, sandpaper & blending stump.
- Directly pay: Via your PayPal account to firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo to zinlim
[1 on 1 PORTFOLIO REVIEW]
Bring your artworks, tell about your art journey and challenges, and get ideas for solutions.
- Fee: $50
- 45 minute Portfolio Review by Zin Lim.
- At an appointed time/location in the city (other than workshop days).
- To make an appointment we will email you by a week prior to workshop date.
- 100% Full amount is refundable for your cancellation by 30 days before the 1st day of the event.
- 90% is refundable for your cancellation by 2 weeks before the 1st day of the event.
- No refundable within 2 weeks before the event starts.
- [1 on 1 PORTFOLIO REVIEW] 100% refunded for cancellation by 24 hours before meeting time.
- In case of cancellation of event by host, 100% will be refunded regardless the time of cancellation.
- You can hand over this ticket to other people for the full or any part of the event days. (Your friend must present your event ticket by print or digital)
- The workshop hours can be adjusted by building hours of local venue. you will receive the notification by email you enter.
Welcome for any question to email@example.com
We are looking forward to meeting you soon!!!
Charcoal Drawing Fundamental
Material Rental (optional)
Rent material for the day: Enough paper (have your drawings after workshop), charcoal sticks, charcoal pencil, knead eraser, utility knife, sandpaper & blending stump.